Specializing in Orthopedic Services Since 2005
Dr. Michael A. Trainor
- Board Certified/Fellowship Trained Orthopedic Spine Surgeon
- Fellow American Academy of Orthopedic SurgeonsDr. Michael A. Trainor earned his Bachelor of Science Degree with Honors from the University of Notre Dame in 1992. He went on to complete medical school and orthopedic surgery residency training at the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine. Following residency, Dr. Trainor completed his spine and neurosurgical training at the Kenton D. Leatherman Spine Fellowship Program, through the University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky. Dr. Trainor is Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery by the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Trainor was in private practice in Prescott, Arizona from 2004 until 2015, when he relocated to the Las Vegas area.Dr. Michael Trainor joined Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine full-time in April 2015, in part to work alongside his identical twin brother, Dr. Timothy Trainor. Dr. Michael Trainor specializes is minimally invasive cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spinal surgery – including, minimally invasive fusions and microdiscectomy, as well as fracture care. Dr. Trainor performs many spinal surgeries in the outpatient surgical center setting. Dr. Trainor also performs general orthopedic care, including fracture surgery, carpal tunnel release, and arthroscopic knee surgery.
Dr. Trainor is a member of the North American Spine Society, Society of Lateral Access Surgeons, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and American Osteopathic Association. Dr. Trainor has given lectures and taught other surgeons minimally invasive spine surgical techniques at several national spine meetings. Dr. Trainor holds active licenses in Arizona and Nevada. Dr. Trainor is on the Board of Trustees for the Mutual Insurance Company of Arizona. Dr. Trainor is on the Medical Executive Committee for Henderson Hospital. Dr. Trainor is on the medical staff at Centennial Hills Hospital, Durango Outpatient Surgery Center, Henderson Hospital, Parkway Surgery Center, Southern Hills Hospital, Spring Valley Hospital, St. Rose San Martin Hospital, and St. Rose Siena Hospital.
Dr. Trainor was a four-time boxing champion at the University of Notre Dame, as well as the 1996 City of Chicago and Illinois State Golden Gloves Heavyweight Boxing Champion. In addition, Dr. Trainor competed in the 1996 U.S. Olympic Boxing Pretrials, through the National Golden Gloves Boxing Championships. Dr. Trainor has served as an oral examiner for the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Trainor is married with three children. Dr. Trainor strives to return his patients to active and healthy lifestyles, with both surgical and nonsurgical care of their orthopedic problems.
AREAS OF SPECIALTY
Dr. Michael Trainor specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopedic conditions and performs several orthopedic procedures including:
- Minimally Invasive Cervical, Thoracic, and Lumbar Spinal Surgery
- Microdiscectomy Surgery
- Spinal Deformity Surgery
- Spinal Fracture Treatment
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
- Medical: Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Downers Grove, IL
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Downers Grove, IL
- Spine Fellowship: Kenton D. Leatherman Spine Fellowship Program, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Society of Lateral Access Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Association