Our comprehensive group of specialists are here to help you.
Touro University Nevada, Henderson, NV — PA Program Preceptor
October 2013 – PRESENT
Orthopedic PA preceptor for clinical and operating room settings
Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, Las Vegas, NV— PA-C Orthopedic Surgery
December 2012 – PRESENT
General orthopedics, sports medicine, fracture care, ultrasound and fluoroscopic guided joint injections
Touro University Nevada, Las Vegas, NV — Master of Physician Assistant Studies
July 2010 – November 2012
Chapman University, Orange, CA — B.S. Athletic Training
August 2005 – May 2009
MEMBERSHIPS AND AWARDS
NCCPA member: 2010-present
AAPA member: 2010-present
NATA member: 2009-2011
Presidential Scholarship and Athletic Training scholarship: 2005-2009
Provost’s List and Chancellor’s List: 2005 -2009
Chi Alpha Sigma California Epsilon Chapter at Chapman University: 2008- present
Centennial High School Valedictorian: 2005
Maria Elena (Mia)
Mia was born in Tucson, Arizona, but moved at the age of 3 back to Las Vegas where the majority of her extended family lives. She is pretty much a native to the Vegas area. She then pursued her B.S. Athletic Training degree at Chapman University in Orange, California as a student athlete (Division III soccer all 4 years while obtaining her degree). She became a certified athletic trainer in 2009, but knew her journey was not complete. She graduated with a Master of Physician Assistant Studies at Touro University in Las Vegas, Nevada in November 2012. Upon graduation, she was then hired at Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine with Dr. Timothy Trainor in December 2012. She has been his “right hand man” since. Mia prides herself in the care of her patients and being a key member of the Trainor team. When she is not in the clinic or in the operating room, she enjoys time with her family. She is a busy mama of 2 toddlers that love the outdoors. They love to hike and visit national parks. She also enjoys kayaking with her husband, when the Vegas sun is not baking them.
- Orthopedic joint and trigger point injections under ultrasound/fluoroscopic guidance.
- Surgical expertise in sports medicine procedures and knee/hip arthroplasty.
- Expertise in wound closure and wound care.
- Splinting/casting, fitting for orthopedic DME
- Expertise in fracture reduction.
- High school physical examinations
- Sensory nerve cryoanalgesia with ultrasound guidance utilizing Iovera handpiece with 309 needles.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURE
- NCCPA certified PA: 11/12, Exp 12/2028
- Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners PA License: Exp 06/2023
- Nevada State Board of Osteopathic Medicine License: Exp 12/2022
- Nevada State Board of
- Pharmacy License: Exp 10/2022
- DEA License: Exp 03/2025
- ACLS/BCLS Certified
- BOC, ATC: 08/2009-EXPIRED